Thursday, September 19, 2013

Something I Said I Wouldn't Do

I just spent half an hour 'fixing' the appearance of this blog. I said, in the very first post, that was something I would never do because blog templates are inherently ugly and the only way to get a really nice one is to pay a graphic designer to do it. What prompted the change?

There is a tracker on each of these posts by means of which people can +1 them. I don't know what +1ing something does or whether it is desirable. But a couple of these things got +1ed. One even got +2ed. I knew the site was getting visited because the counter told me so but I assumed it was by data miners scraping every bit they could for the purpose of creating a more accurately digital model of middle-aged males. It really hadn't occurred to me real people were reading this stuff. Now I believe at least two people have read at least two posts. So I'm throwing the welcome mat down.

No comments:

Post a Comment